Legal aid is private government funding for people on a low income or benefits and need help to pay for legal advice or proceedings. Alfred James & Co Solicitors can offer eligible clients free legal advice under Legal Aid for the following areas:
* Housing issues:
* Threat of losing your home
* Rent arrears
* Health & safety issues with your home
* Harassment from a landlord or neighbour
* Anti-social behaviour
* Debt Matters for:
* Mortgage debt
* Community Care Matters
* For when your home does not suit your care, health needs or mental health issues
* Care home problems
* When you are not receiving the right care support for your needs
Entitlement to Legal Aid carries strict requirements and our firm will only take up your case under the legal aid services upon satisfactory evidence that our clients are entitled to the legal aid.
Please call our Reception desk today so we may be able to assess your eligibility for Legal Aid.
If we have booked an appointment for you, you will be required to bring in:
* Your photo ID (passport or driving licence)
* Bank statements for the last 3 months
* If you are claiming benefits: The most recent letter(s) to confirm your benefits are being received
* If you are working: Your wage slips for the last 3 months
We also always recommend that you bring all other documents, GP evidence and letters, Court documents etc that are related to your case with you on the day, so we can help you as much as possible.
For further information, please contact us.